Frequently Asked Questions
No. I am a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. In looking for root causes of health issues, some overlap with primary care is expected, but I am not a primary care provider. I also am a lifestyle coach.
We are no longer participating with insurance. We are now a self-pay practice.
While we will provide a superbill for those individuals with insurances that reimburse for non-participating providers, we expect full payment at the time of our service to you.
Since we have opted out of Medicare, as of 1/1/23, reimbursement by any Medicare/Advantage plan and any Medigap-type insurer will not be possible.
We continue to adhere to strict HIPAA policies, respecting the right to our patients’ privacy and confidentiality.
As a Spiritual and Energetic Health Provider, at The Directed Self, we address these concerns.
A typical initial encounter includes 60-90 minutes with me, during which our goals will be:
To hear the full story of your health journey, your personal goals in health, and what we can do together to make them happen.
- I want to hear what, how and when, and other details related to your concerns.
- I need to know your past medical history, including any prior evaluations.
- Old records are helpful, especially actual radiographs (xrays, MRIs, etc.), other diagnostic studies, and reports of procedures, including operative reports.
To assess current health status with examination.
To collaboratively develop a strategy aimed at wellness. We are looking for the ROOT causes of your issues. This may require prioritizing, depending on the complexity of your concerns
- Education is provided regarding current impressions and why.
- You and I will discuss optional therapies and choices.
- I may initiate further evaluations, if needed.
- You and I will establish follow up plans.
- You will have take-home educational materials on what you can do to help yourself right away.
To start treatment of any pain concern, I generally begin with hands-on release of tension patterns through osteopathic manual therapies at the time of our first encounter.
While Acupuncture is an optional tools for treatment, due to time constraints, it is usually deferred until a later encounter, if desired.
Please wear or bring loose, comfortable clothing that allows movement and ready access for examination.