Mary Jo Fishburn, MD
Dr. Fishburn received her Medical Degree from the Medical College of Pennsylvania (now known as Drexel University School of Medicine) and completed her Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia in 1989.
She was board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) in 1990, Zero Balancing in 1994, Medical Acupuncture in 1999, and Functional Medicine in 2016.
After her residency in PM&R, Dr. Fishburn moved to Baltimore to join the Johns Hopkins Department of PM&R faculty until 2000, when she moved into private practice.
Dr. Fishburn continues to be curious about the root causes and best strategies for health concerns in her patients. Her love of hands-on, integrative applications has also continued to evolve.
Her ongoing primary interest is to promote healthy movement in life, including relieving inflammation and/or pain from muscle, nerve, or bone issues. All things being connected, she is not limited by this interest.
Certifications in Physical & Metaphysical Wellness
Medical Degree, 1985: Medical College of Pennsylvania (now known as Drexel University Medical School), Philadelphia PA
Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), 1986 to 1989: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia PA.
Board Certified, 1990, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Academic and clinical practice of PM&R, 1989 to 2000 (full time) and 2000 to 2008 (part time): Johns Hopkins Department of PM&R, Baltimore MD
- Board certification in Electrodiagnostic Medicine (1995)
- Board certification in Medical Acupuncture (1997)
training in Osteopathic
- Manual Medicine (1995-8)
- Certification in Zero Balancing (1994)
Outpatient Integrative & Functional PM&R, since 2000, Towson MD
- Focused interest in musculoskeletal wellness
Functional Medicine certification: the Institute of Functional Medicine, 2017
- Chakra and Energy Anatomy studies,(The Braided Way) 2000s
- Personal Health crisis (Biotoxin Associated and Autoimmune), onset 2006
- Intuitive Healing apprenticeship, 2009-2016
- Ordained Minister of Healing, Rays of Healing Church, 2010 – current
- Teacher/Facilitator: Monthly Interactive Metaphysical educational programs, 2017 – current
- Community service: Weekly Collaborative Group Healing Meditations, 3/20 – current, by Zoom
I found Dr. Fishburn to be deeply intuitive, and her approach was very kind.
She quickly got to the root of my troubles and gave me a clearer perspective, which resulted in resolution of my confusion and apprehension, and enabled me to make decisions with confidence.